DSI Resorbable Membrane is also facilitating primary wound closure via fibroblast chemotactic properties, even after membrane exposure. Compared to ePTFE membranes, resorbable barriers allow for fewer exposures and therefore reduce the effects of infection on newly formed bone.
Use of DSI Resorbable Membranes, in particular, with DSI Bone Graft as a support, has distinguished outstanding treatment outcomes.
- Implantation of defects in the bone tissue;
- Restoration of congenital and acquired defects of bone and soft tissues;
- Periodontitis (minimally invasive methods of treatment and reconstructive surgery);
- Resection of the root apex;
- Filling of defects after the removal of cysts;
- Closure of perforations of the maxillary sinus and perforation of the lower-jaw canal removal of the tooth (complicated/uncomplicated);
- As a stabilizer of the clot.
DSI Collagen Membrane is a natural product, therefore it is used as a natural wound dressing and has properties that artificial wound dressings do not have. It is resistant to a large variety of bacteria, which is of vital importance in a wound dressing. It helps to keep the wound sterile, because of its natural ability to fight infection.